We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world’s best places to work, a champion of diversity, and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor’s list for the last 13 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion, and collaboration are key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities, and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor, and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ, and parents.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You will be part of the Global Rish Management team. The Global Risk Function is responsible for assessing, measuring, monitoring, and managing the overall risk of Bain & Company. The team serves as an umbrella for and cooperates with existing support and control functions (Legal, Security, HR, Finance, etc.), but also manages certain risk domains themselves (e.g. Third-Party Risk) or in support of the respective Board Risk Subcommittee. The function is led by the Global Head of Risk, who reports to the Risk Subcommittee of the Board.
This is an exciting time to apply the consulting skillset to help the development of this critically important function within Bain, gain a broader understanding of our corporate structure and our commercial activities, and have a direct impact on the work we do globally for years to come.
what you will do
The tasks in this role will be focused on the four key areas:
- Maintaining and developing the risk framework and tools, such as country risk assessment, client and opportunity risk assessment tools, 3rd party risk assessment tools, risk register, whistleblowing function, surveillance function
- Coordinating overall risk management with other control and support functions such as Finance, Legal, HR, Security, Technology, Marketing/Communications
- Maintaining regular risk reports as well as executing ad hoc risk analyses
- Preparing reports for Global Operating Committee and Risk Subcommittee of the Board
You will be responsible for:
- Execution of relevant analyses (regular update of monthly/ quarterly risk dashboards and Annual Risk Report based on internal and external data sources, ad hoc analyses of specific risks)
- Preparation of working material for accreditation and training sessions
- Maintenance of Risk register, 1st level support for client requests, data validation and integrity QS
- Preparation of reports and dashboards for local risk bodies and global Risk Committee
- Maintenance and development of risk toolset (Public Sector, Sensitive Industries, 3rd party)
- Support the maintenance of Bain’s Risk Appetite Framework
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- 3 years of experience in a Strategy Consulting firm / Senior Consultant at Big 4 / Associate – AVP level at international bank 3-5 years experience in a corporate risk function
- Experience in Risk Management (methods, processes, org) with a focus on non-financial, reputational and enterprise risks
- Comfort with analytical tools (Alteryx, Tableau etc.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Collaborative – someone who knows how to work with and through others to drive results and make change happen, and is customer service oriented
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, and productive – someone who knows how to prioritize what needs to be done and rallies colleagues to get things accomplished; “roll up the sleeves” type of attitude
- Bright – both insightful and creative, with strong problem-solving skills and pragmatic, with a practical, “real-world” sense of what is actually “do-able”. Possesses an affinity for data-driven insights to make decisions, and able to harness knowledge and expertise of the best content to support the Practice
- Articulate and compelling in his/her oral and written communication skills; engaging and concise – with interpersonal “presence”; adaptable across executive, technical and Bain audiences
- Energetic, with drive, enthusiasm, and natural skills in relationship development – ability to develop an extensive network of relevant relationships, as required
- A great colleague and teammate – passionate about the task at hand and fun to be around; someone with whom colleagues and clients go out of their way to work with